Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sleepover!

I had my niece and nephew over last night for a sleepover. They arrived around 1pm yesterday and played hard all afternoon. My hubby needed to run to Cabela's to pick up an order, so we all loaded up for a roadtrip! It was the noisiest ride I have ever had! About 20 minutes from the store, three of them were asleep. (Sam had taken a nap, so he was wide awake!) They were loud and crazy in the store, but I guess that is expected! Luckily they all stayed close and listened well. The highlight was each of the kids getting a turn at the shooting range.

The ride home was even noisier than the trip there...I didn't think it was possible. The craziness continued when we got home and I prepared supper. Luckily Darcy stepped in before I blew my top at them!

Bedtime was at 8:30 but they were not all asleep till close to 10:00.

All were up by 7:30 and demanding pancakes!! Emma and Abby helped out while the boys played trains. So far this morning, we have been outside, played with play-doh, colored pictures, had snack and fought like siblings!

Only 7 hours left! Now I just need to look at me calendar and figure out a time for my kids to have a sleepover at Abby and Mason's house!

3 comments:

  1. Poor you! I think Valerie and Jon owe you big time!! A funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I don't know if I am ready for a sleepover yet!!! I know Sarah is tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered who got blessed with the kiddos while they were gone. I'm sure the cousins made great memories together.

    ReplyDelete